BPI Prepaid Cards Terms and Conditions
IMPORTANT: Address, date of birth, and other details must be those of the Cardholder and the Purchaser. Please read this Purchase Agreement carefully.
- 1. THE CARD – Shall refer to BPI Prepaid Cards, such as Express Cash, Express Money Order, Express Cash Gift Cards, Express Cash Photo Gift Cards, My ePrepaid, and Express Gift which are affiliated with MasterCard or a local proprietary card, or such other cards to be issued by BPI, which can be purchased for personal use or as a gift to a third party, or for whatever legal reason it may serve.
- 2. CARDHOLDER/PURCHASER – The term “Cardholder” shall refer to (i) a person who purchases or avails of a Card for his/her own use or (ii) the person for whom or for whose use a Card is purchased. The term “Purchaser” shall refer to the person who purchases or avails of a Card for his/her own use or for the use of another.
All Cards should be signed by the relevant Cardholder and are non-transferable.
- 3. RESPONSIBILITY OF THE CARDHOLDER – The Cardholder agrees to (i) sign the Card immediately upon receiving it and (ii) safeguard the Card as if it were cash. BPI may, at its option, assign a system-generated personal identification number (PIN) to a Card (except for BPI Express Cash Gift Card, BPI Express Cash Photo Gift Card, My ePrepaid, and BPI Express Gift) to enable the cardholder to withdraw cash or do balance inquiries via the ATM. It is also advised that the Cardholder immediately change this initial PIN and nominate his own PIN number.
- 4. USES AND LIMITATIONS OF THE CARD – The Cardholder can use BPI Prepaid Cards to pay for purchases and services availed. All BPI Prepaid Cards are not deposit accounts, and the value stored is not insured by the Philippine Deposit Insurance Corporation (PDIC). Enumerated below are the specific uses for the cards:
For BPI Express Cash and BPI Express Money Order, the card be used to pay for services and services availed at any MasterCard -affiliated establishment nationwide. It can also be used for balance inquiry, cash withdrawal, prepaid mobile phone reload and fund transfer to another BPI Prepaid Card via BPI ATMs nationwide. The withdrawal is limited to a maximum of Ten Thousand Pesos (10.000.00) per day. The Card cannot be used for Over-the-Counter withdrawals at any BPI/BPI Family Bank branch.
For BPI Express Cash Gift Card and Express Cash Photo Gift Card, the card can be used to pay for purchases and services availed at any MasterCard-affiliated establishment nationwide. BPI My ePrepaid and BPI Express Gift can be used for payments of any purchases made online at any MasterCard-affiliated Website and payments of purchases and services at any MasterCard-affiliated establishment worldwide. BPI Express Cash Gift Card, Express Cash Photo Gift Card, My ePrepaid and Express Gift cannot be used for cash withdrawals at BPI ATMs or at BPI or BPI Family Bank branches.
- 5. ACCREDITED ESTABLISHMENTS – BPI has agreed with MasterCard International that Cards bearing the MasterCard or MasterCard Electronic logo shall be honored at all MasterCard-affiliated merchants with electronic terminals. Cards with Internet shopping functionality can also be used in Mastercard affiliated shopping sites through an online payment facility. However, BPI shall not be responsible/liable to the Cardholder if for any reason, the Card is not accepted.
- 6. CARD VALUE – The value of the Card is determined by the Cardholder or Purchaser by simply loading value in the Card. The minimum amount that can be loaded is Five Hundred Pesos (P500.00) while the maximum is Ten Thousand Pesos (P10,000.00). Cardholders with multiple cards of any type should only load a maximum aggregate value of One Hundred Thousand Pesos (P100,000.00) to any or all cards within a 30 day period. Only cash and its equivalent (e.g. fund transfer from a deposit account) shall be accepted for loading value into the Card. The Bank reserves the right to, without notice and without liability, deactivate cards exceeding the load and balance limit. No checks shall be accepted for loading value into the Card. The Cardholder may check the balance of the Card by inquiring via: (i) Express Phone (89-100); (ii) any Express Teller ATM nationwide (if Card has a valid 4-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN); (iii) www.bpiexpressonline.com, provided the Card has been enrolled in the Purchaser's/Cardholder's Express Online account, or (iv) by texting using a mobile phone. Key in BALEC <16 digit My ePrepaid card number> and send to 2274 for Globe and Touch Mobile and 3274 for SMART & Talk ‘n Text.
- 7. CARD RELOAD – The Card can be reloaded by the Cardholder, the Purchaser, or by a third party with additional value any time as long as it has not yet expired, and the total value in the Card at any time does not exceed Ten Thousand Pesos (P10,000.00). Reloading the Card with additional value can be done via Over-the-Counter (OTC) cash deposit at any BPI or BPI Family bank branch nationwide and BPI Cash Acceptance machines (CAM's). Funds transfer from an existing deposit account to the Card can also be done thru: (i) Express Phone (89-100) (ii) Express Online (www.bpiexpressonline.com) (iii) all Express Teller ATMs nationwide (iv) Express Mobile, and (v) all Cash Acceptance Machines. The actual time of crediting the load will depend on what channel was used to reload. Some channels may also require pre-enrolment or encoding of passwords, security numbers, or codes before reloading can be done.
- 8. EXPIRY AND RENEWAL OF THE CARD – Unless earlier terminated by BPI, voluntarily cancelled, or returned by the Cardholder, the Card shall be valid from the day of issuance or renewal up to the last day of the month indicated on the face of the Card. Only the Cardholder may request for the renewal of the Card, which should be accomplished within One Hundred Twenty (120) days from Card expiry date thru: (i) Express Phone (89-100), subject to Positive Identification (PID) or (ii) any BPI or BPI Family Bank branch. The Cardholder must accomplish all requirements set by BPI at the time of request. BPI has the right whether to approve or deny the renewal request. The Cardholder agrees that if no request for renewal is submitted/called in to BPI a monthly maintenance fee* shall be charged to the Card beginning on the 121st day from Card's expiry date. In case the request for renewal is denied for whatever reason, a Manager’s Check in the name of the cardholder with the amount equivalent to the remaining load at the time of expiry will be issued within 90 days.
- 9. CARD INACTIVITY AND EXPIRY FEES – A Card not used for One Hundred Twenty (120) continuous days shall be automatically placed in inactive status. BPI may,at its option, impose a reasonable inactivity fee* for any Card that has been in inactive status at the end of each month. Once the value of the inactive Card becomes zero, it shall be automatically closed. Similarly, a Card with value not claimed one hundred twenty (120) days after its expiry date shall be assessed a monthly maintenance fee* to be computed starting on the hundred twenty first day (121) after the expiry date. It shall be automatically deducted from the Card balance. Redemption of balances from expired Cards shall be net of these fees. Should the Card balance become zero as a result of the fees deducted, the Card shall likewise be closed. BPI reserves the right to impose additional fees as may be necessary in providing this service.
Kung ang Card ay hindi nagamit sa loob ng Isang Daan at Dalawangpung (120) sunod-sunod na araw mula sa pagka-issue o huling transaksyong gamit ito, ang Card ay agad-agad malalagay sa inactive status. Maaaring maningil ang BPI ng inactivity fee* sa katapusan ng bawat buwan. Sa oras na maubos ang halaga ng Card, ito ay kaagarang isasara.Anumang Card na may nalalabing halaga matapos ang Isang Daan at Dalawangpung (120) araw pagkaraan ng expiry date ay maaaring mapatawan ng maintenance fee* kada buwan nasisingilin mula sa unang araw matapos ang Isang Daan at Dalawangpng (120) araw. Ito ay agarang mababawas sa balanse ng Card. Anumang balance na matitira matapos mabawasang service maintenance fee* ay ang halagang maaaring makuha ng Cardholder. Sa oras na maubos ang halaga ng Card ng service maintenance fee*, ang Card ay kaagarang isasara. Ang BPI ay may karapatan magpataw ng anumang fees para sa serbisyong ito.
- 10. LOSS OF THE CARD – A lost card is like lost cash. BPI shall block the card and load value on the card remaining at the time a lost/stolen card is reported. Cardholder should immediately call 89-100 or if abroad, BPI toll free numbers listed on BPI Express Online. Reimbursement of unused load value in the card can be claimed after 90 days from report of loss. This will be either in the form of a Manager’s Check made payable to the Cardholder or a replacement Card, both of which shall be subject to service fees*. Losses due to the use of a lost/stolen card before the loss or theft has been reported shall be for the account of the Cardholder.
Sumasang-ayon ang Cardholder na kinakailangang tumawag agad sa 89-100, at kung nasa abroad, tumawag sa mga toll-free numbers ng BPI na nakatala sa BPI Express Online upang ipaalam ang pagkawala o pagkanakaw ng kanyang Card. Oras na matanggap ng BPI ang tawag, agarang iba-block ang anumang transaksyon para sa Card na ito. Kung sakaling nagamit ang Card bago ito naitawag na nawawala o nanakaw, ang anumang pagkawala o pagkabawas ng pera ay para sa account ng Cardholder. Sumasang-ayon rin ang Cardholder na maaari lamang makuha ang anumang nalalabing balance sa Card makalipas ang Siyamnapung (90) araw matapos itawag ang pagkakawala ng Card sa pamamagitan ng Manager’s Check na nakapangalan sa Cardholder o kaya’y pagpapalit ng bagong Card na may karampatang service fees*.
- 11. REPLACEMENT OF DAMAGED CARDS – BPI shall replace a damaged Card for free if it still has its full ORIGINAL load value and HAS NOT BEEN USED for any transaction. In the event the damaged Card has less than its original value and/or has already been used by the Cardholder for any transaction, BPI shall issue a replacement Card with value equal to the remaining balance of the damaged Card, subject to Cardholder's payment of service fees*. The replacement Card can be claimed Five (5) banking days after BPI receives the replacement request.
- 12. SETTLEMENT OF FINANCIAL LOSSES – Financial losses of the Cardholder arising from security breaches, system failures, or errors committed by BPI or any BPI personnel shall be settled by automatic credit to the Card. If the Cardholder wishes to discontinue using the Card, BPI shall issue a Manager’s Check made payable to the Cardholder equivalent to the unused load Settlement of losses shall only be done after investigations conducted by BPI and/or its affiliates.
Ang financial losses ng Cardholder o pagkabawas sa balance ng Card na dulot ng security breaches, system failures, o anumang errors ng BPI o empleyado ng BPI ay pagbabayaran sa pamamagitan ng pag-credit sa Card. Kung gusto naman ng Cardholder na itigil na ang paggamit ng Card, magbibigay ng Manager’s Check ang BPI na nakapangalan sa Cardholder sa halagang katumbas ng natitirang load amount sa Card. Ang pag-aayos nito ay gagawin lamang pagkatapos maimbistigahan ng BPI o ng mga affiliates nito ang kaso.
- 13. SERVICE CHARGE AND OTHER FEES – The Cardholder and the Purchaser recognize the right of BPI to impose charges such as service fees*, loading fees*, and other fees on any or all of its products, services, and facilities. The Cardholder and/or Purchaser agree to pay such service charges and fees presently imposed or may in the future be imposed by BPI at its option. As necessary, the amount of said service charges and fees may be revised by BPI from time to time. The Cardholder and/or Purchaser may be notified of new or revised charges or fees thru any of the following: (i) BPI ATMs; (ii) www.bpiexpressonline.com; (iii) BPI and BPI Family Bank branches; or (iv) other communication channels available to BPI.
Kinikilala ng Cardholder at ng Purchaser ang karapatan ng BPI na maningil para sa mga produkto, serbisyo, at mga pasilidad na ibinibigay nito. Sumasang-ayon ang Cardholder at/o ang Purchaser na magbayad ng anumang pangkasalukuyang bayarin o maaaring bayarin sa BPI sa hinaharap. Ang BPI ay maaaring magdagdag ng bayarin o magsagawa ng pagbabago sa halaga ng nasabing bayarin anumang oras. Ito ay maaaring ipagbigay alam sa pamamagitan ng anunsyo sa: (i) BPI ATMs; (ii) www.bpiexpressonline.com; (iii) mga sangay ng BPI o BPI Family Bank; o (iv) iba pang communication channels ng BPI.
- 14. UNCLAIMED CARDS – Card can be claimed at the nominated Branch within 3-5 banking days. Any Card unclaimed after Thirty (30) days from the time of delivery to the nominated Branch shall be perforated for security reasons. Any Cardholder who fails to claim his Card within such prescribed period shall be required to purchase a new one.
- 15. COMPLIANCE WITH EXISTING LAWS – The Cardholder and Purchaser hereby warrant that the use of the Card, including but not limited to the transfer and/or receipt of funds using the Card and the available channels for the Card, do not and will not violate the Anti-Money Laundering Law, as amended as well as other applicable laws, rules, or regulations. By signing this Agreement or using the Card, the Cardholder and Purchaser hereby agree to render BPI, its officers, employees, and representatives, free and harmless and to indemnify BPI from any liabilities, damages, suits, or causes of action whatsoever which may arise from any violation of said laws, rules, or regulations. Moreover, BPI, upon reasonable suspicion of fraud, irregularity, or anomaly involving the Card may automatically block the use thereof and initiate investigation.
- 16. AMENDMENTS – BPI may, at anytime and for whatever reason it may deem proper, amend, revise, or modify this Agreement. Any such amendment shall bind the Cardholder and Purchaser upon date of effectivity as specified on the notice, whichever is earlier. The Cardholder or Purchaser may have his Card terminated within Fifteen (15) days from notice if he refuses to be bound by the amendment. Failure to notify BPI of Cardholder's or Purchaser's intention to terminate his Card shall be construed as acceptance by the Cardholder of the amendments to this Agreement.
- 17. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY – BPI shall not be liable to the Cardholder or Purchaser for any loss, damage, claim, cost, or other liability arising from the Agreement or the use or misuse of the Card unless solely and directly caused by the gross negligence or willful misconduct of BPI or its officers, employees, or representatives. BPI's liability shall not exceed Ten Thousand Pesos (P10,000.00) or the actual proven amount lost, whichever is lower.
- 18. AGREEMENT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS – The Cardholder's or Purchaser's signature herein, or by Cardholder's use of the Card, or the Cardholder's receipt of the Card from the Purchaser, if Cardholder is not the Purchaser, constitutes Cardholder's agreement to and acceptance of these terms and conditions and the Terms and Conditions of the Bank of the Philippine Islands governing PRODUCTS, SERVICES, FACILITIES, AND CHANNELS. The Cardholder and Purchaser fully understand the corresponding risk entailed in availing of such products, facilities, services, and channels. The Cardholder and Purchaser agree to any and all supplement(s), modification(s), or amendment(s) of such terms and conditions, notices of which shall be posted in the Bank’s premises, website, or any other channel where available.
*The applicable fees and charges shall be published in the Bank's website at Client Updates portion from time to time and made an integral part hereof.