BPI Real Thrills Rewards Program Terms and Conditions
The BPI Real Thrills Rewards program allows BPI Express Credit cardholders to redeem goods and services using rewards points earned through the specified use of BPI Express Credit cards.
I. GENERAL POLICIES
1. This Terms and Conditions govern the BPI Real Thrills Rewards Program for cardholders of:
a. BPI Express Credit Blue Mastercard;
b. BPI Express Credit Gold Mastercard;
c. BPI Express Credit Edge Mastercard;
d. BPI Express Credit Corporate Mastercard;
e. BPI Express Credit Corporate Classic; and
f. BPI e-Credit Mastercard.
2. A rewards point is the unit of value earned from using a qualified BPI Express Credit card. Unredeemed rewards points earned on the first statement cut-off starting February 2004 will continue to accumulate for redemption. Rewards points may only be used to redeem goods and services featured in the Rewards catalog.
3. Redeemed Rewards items will be delivered to the cardholder’s latest address or email address of record, whichever is appropriate, unless otherwise specified.
4. The Terms and Conditions governing the issuance and use of the BPI Express Credit card are hereby incorporated by reference and shall form an integral part thereof.
II. ELIGIBILITY AND PARTICIPATION
1. All BPI Express Credit cardholders of BPI Express Blue Mastercard, Gold Mastercard, Edge Mastercard, Corporate Mastercard, Corporate Classic, and e-Credit Mastercard automatically earn rewards points from charged spending without any expense on enrollment charges or fees.
2. Rewards points earned by the Principal and/or Supplementary cardholder will be credited to the Principal cardholder's account and shall be reflected in the monthly Statement of Account.
3. BPI reserves the right to suspend or disqualify any person from further participation in Real Thrills Rewards program, if in its judgment, that person has violated the terms and conditions herein or has violated the terms and conditions governing the issuance and use of BPI Express Credit card. Suspension or disqualification may result in the cancellation of the individual's right of participation and/or the forfeiture of all rewards points earned.
III. ACCUMULATION OF REWARDS POINTS
1. Rewards points conversion is as follows:
a. 1 point for every P35 charged to BPI Express Credit Blue Mastercard, Gold Mastercard and e-Credit Mastercard; and
b. 1 point for every P50 charged to BPI Edge Mastercard, Corporate Classic and Corporate Mastercard
2. Charges eligible to earn rewards points include purchases in the Philippines and abroad, cash advances, and Special Installment Plan (SIP) monthly amortizations.
3. Transactions less than P35 (for BPI Express Credit Blue Mastercard, Gold Mastercard and e-Credit Mastercard ) or P50 (for BPI Edge Mastercard, Corporate Classic and Corporate Mastercard), gaming transactions, annual fees, finance or interest charges on both regular and cash advance transactions, late payment charges, disputed transactions, credit transaction adjustments, and all fees related to card replacement and cash advance shall not be eligible to earn rewards points.
4. For Balance Conversion transactions, the rewards points corresponding to the amount of the balance converted from regular transactions to Special Installment Plan (SIP) shall be deducted from the rewards points balance. . Said deducted points shall be earned back through the monthly installments.
5. Rewards points may be earned from other activities deemed appropriate and will be announced from time to time through electronic direct mailers, SMS advisories, flyers, Statements of Account, or such other means as BPI may consider appropriate and effective.
6. Rewards points cannot be pooled with another principal cardholder nor transferred to any other person.
7. Rewards points accumulated and redeemed will be reflected in the monthly Statement of Account of the Principal cardholder. If not disputed within thirty (30) days from receipt, rewards points as reflected in the monthly Statement of Account shall be deemed correct.
8. Rewards points accumulation will be stopped for blocked accounts due to lost cards from the date of report of loss. Transactions made with the replacement card will resume rewards points accumulation.
9. Fraudulent earning or redemption of rewards points may result to forfeiture of available points as well as cancellation of the cardholder's credit card.
10. BPI reserves the right to adjust the required rewards points to redeem without prior notice.
A. REDEMPTION PROCEDURES
Rewards points can be redeemed anytime through the following:
1. Calling the 24-hour BPI Express Phone Banking Hotline, 89-100; or
2. Emailing redemption requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
B. CONDITIONS COMMON TO ALL ITEMS FOR REDEMPTION
1. Only the Principal cardholder is eligible to redeem rewards points.
2. Rewards points are eligible for redemption only for accounts that are current and in good credit standing, (i.e. card must not be delinquent, suspended, blocked or cancelled) at the time of redemption.
3. Cardholder with a closed account can redeem available rewards points within 60 days from closure provided that the account was in good credit standing at the time of closure. Unused rewards points will be forfeited after 60 days from date of voluntary or involuntary cancellation.
4. All Rewards items featured in the Rewards Catalog are subject to availability and are offered only while stocks last. BPI may, without notice, remove and/or replace Rewards items with equivalent value and nature, at its sole discretion.
5. Once a valid redemption request has been made, this cannot be cancelled, revoked or changed.
6. Once the Rewards item has been claimed, the relevant merchant’s Terms and Conditions will apply.
7. The actual Rewards items may vary in size, color and appearance from the images presented in the Rewards catalog.
8. Batteries and installation service are not included, unless otherwise indicated.
9. Manufacturer’s warranty, if any, is effective and binding on the manufacturer. Cost of installation, repair, and/or maintenance service should be directed to the manufacturer in accordance with the warranty information and shall be shouldered by the cardholder.
10. Rewards items can be exchanged or replaced only if they arrive in defective or damaged condition. The request for replacement of a defective item received must be reported to BPI Express Phone Banking Hotline 89-100 within forty-eight (48) hours from the date of receipt. If the notice exceeds the 48-hour limit, the relevant manufacturer’s terms and conditions shall apply.
11. The replacement item will be delivered within the next fifteen (15) working days for areas within Metro Manila, twenty working (20) days for areas within Cebu City and Davao City, and twenty-five (25) working days for other areas.
12. The defective or damaged Rewards item for replacement must be in its original manufacturer’s packaging with all its contents intact, when it is picked up.
13. Undelivered Rewards items must be reported to BPI Express Phone Banking Hotline 89-100 within sixty (60) days from expected delivery date. BPI will not be obliged to honor complaints beyond this dispute period.
14. Turn-around-time for deliveries on Christmas, Holy Week, as well as other holidays, and on days affected by calamities shall be recalculated using business days instead of calendar days.
15. A cardholder who requests for redemption of rewards points authorizes BPI to give necessary information (including personal information) to its contractor or agent in order to perform or complete the redemption process and delivery. The cardholder consents and authorizes BPI and its respective employees, officers, authorized representatives, agents, service providers, and third parties providing services under an obligation of confidentiality (the “Authorized Representatives”) to collect, use, store, consolidate, process, disclose and share any information relating to the cardholder, made available to or in possession of BPI, for the purpose of allowing it to approve, manage, facilitate, administer, implement, and provide the transactions and services availed of by the cardholder, in compliance with the requirements of applicable laws, government regulations, judicial or supervisory bodies of the Philippines or those of other jurisdictions. The cardholder’s availment of the Real Thrills Rewards program comes with his express consent under the applicable confidentiality and data privacy laws of the Philippines and other jurisdictions, and cardholder agrees to hold BPI, its authorized representatives, agents or service providers free and harmless from any and all liabilities, claims, damages, suits, costs and expenses resulting from or in connection with the authorities conferred herein.
16. In the event that the Principal cardholder is not available to receive the Rewards item, he must nominate an authorized representative to accept delivery of the item. A signed authorization letter in favor of the representative, plus valid IDs of both the Principal cardholder and representative, must be presented upon delivery.
17. If Rewards items remain undelivered after three (3) attempts, due to no fault of BPI, the Principal cardholder will be notified of the failed attempts to deliver. Should the cardholder request for re-delivery, a corresponding delivery fee may be charged to the cardholder.
18. BPI does not make any warranty, express or implied, with respect to any of the Rewards items. Except as otherwise provided, any dispute concerning the quality or feature of the Reward item shall be settled directly between the cardholder and the manufacturer as may be provided in the manufacturer’s warranty and/or terms and conditions.
C. REDEMPTION OF GIFT CERTIFICATES AND ADMISSION TICKETS
1. Gift certificates (except those referred to in the succeeding section), gift cards, and cinema and park admission tickets, will be delivered to the Principal cardholder’s latest address of record, within the following period from receipt of redemption requests:
a. twelve (12) calendar days for addresses within Metro Manila;*
b. fifteen (15) calendar days for addresses within Cebu City and Davao City; and
c. twenty (20) calendar days for addresses within other areas.
*Metro Manila includes: Manila, Mandaluyong, Marikina, Pasig, Quezon City, San Juan, Las Pinas, Makati, Muntinlupa, Paranaque, Pasay, Tondo. During the rainy season, CAMANAVA area, which is composed of Caloocan, Malabon, Navotas and Valenzuela, as well as the cities of Pateros and Taguig, shall be classified as “other areas” for purposes of determining the delivery period.
D. REDEMPTION OF SELECT GIFT CERTIFICATES
1. Redemptions of Gift Certificates, whose item codes start with GV, shall be claimed at participating merchant branches and will no longer be delivered to the Principal Cardholder's billing address.
2. Upon redemption request, the Principal cardholder must nominate a participating branch where he/she will claim the Gift Certificates.
3. The Principal cardholder must also provide a valid email address where the claim voucher will be sent within seven (7) working days from receipt of a valid redemption request.
*Note: The BPI Cardholders’ email address provided must be the same as the email address in BPI Express Credit’s customer records. If the email address does not match with BPI Express Credit’s records, the cardholder will be required to update his contact information through any of the following channels:
a. BPI Branches
b. BPI Express Phone 89-100
c. BPI Express Online (Account Maintenance - Update Account Information- Credit Card)
4. A printed copy of the claim voucher and a photocopy of a valid ID must be presented at the customer service counter of the nominated merchant branch.
5. The claim voucher is valid within sixty (60) days, but redemption must be made within the period indicated in the voucher.
6. The denomination of the Gift Certificates will depend on the availability upon pick up at the nominated merchant branch.
E. REDEMPTION OF ANNUAL FEE WAIVERS
Redemption of card membership fee will only be allowed after it has been charged to the cardholder’s account.
F. REDEMPTION OF DONATIONS
BPI will be responsible for handing over the donations to the cardholder’s chosen charitable institution. As a confirmation of the donation, the cardholder will receive an acknowledgement from the chosen charitable institution.
BPI has taken and will take reasonable care to ensure that the information it publishes in relation to the Real Thrills Rewards program is accurate. In case of any discrepancy in the Rewards item information indicated in other forms of communication, the information in the Rewards Catalog will prevail and will be used as basis for fulfilling the redemption.